TV Packs only

Responsiveness of website

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Admin's Corner » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#135169] Written by: NovaKing (Administrator) [24/05/2010, 00:31]
as you may notice, the website is taking some time to load. this is a known issue and i'm sorry
about it. it seems with the issues of thepiratebay, openbittorrent and isohunt, people are now
coming directly to our site instead, as much as this is great news, our current server cluster isn't
able to keep up with it all. we are in the process of organizing more servers to handle the load,
but this will take about a month to get all operational.

please do not send me pm's offering servers, services or money. we will not accept them.

again i am sorry about the current load times, and we will try to get everything back to normal as
soon as we can.
[#135345] Written by: kelrobau [24/05/2010, 21:10]
hay novaking thanks for your website i have been here every day alamost for years its such a
grerat website for tv lovers that hate adds and want it first. i have a number of questions first
how can we delete finished shows from our own page? i also see that fifthgear is returning on 3rd
june 2010, great,but it is not mentioned in the countdown list of in show list with a date jusy
pending the same with topgear no aprox date either can you get someone to update it please.
finally is it possible for you to add timeteam and timeteam america to your show list.

thanks for your great website regards kelrob
[#135423] Written by: newnick [25/05/2010, 08:15]
here's a thought, gmail is of course very sophisticated, it manages to run without reloading all the data.

so maybe someone could build eztv a site that loaded in such a way that when prompted by the user it
checks for new releases but does not redownload old data, this would mean updates would consist of only a
few new links rather than an entire page therefore saving on data hopefully.

such a thing could plausibly even get data from yahoo pipes, or twitter, or another rss feed etc...

i'm not sure, such developments may be too tricky and costly, but maybe eztv has some sufficiently skilled
fans, a quick search reminds me that what i am talking about here is ajax programming techniques.

of course the overhead might make it less efficient so this may be a bad idea, i am also reminded of what
torrent_ial was taking about here: http://eztv.it/forum/12198/rules-on-scraping-this-sitey/

just a thought.
[#135885] Written by: NovaKing (Administrator) [03/06/2010, 04:23]
Quote by santabj
Quote by newnick
here's a thought, gmail is of course very sophisticated, it manages to
run without
reloading all the data.

so maybe someone could build eztv a site that loaded in such a way that when prompted by the user it
checks for new releases but does not redownload old data, this would mean updates would consist of
only a
few new links rather than an entire page therefore saving on data hopefully.

such a thing could plausibly even get data from yahoo pipes, or twitter, or another rss feed etc...

i'm not sure, such developments may be too tricky and costly, but maybe eztv has some sufficiently
skilled
fans, a quick search reminds me that what i am talking about here is ajax programming techniques.

of course the overhead might make it less efficient so this may be a bad idea, i am also reminded of
what
torrent_ial was taking about here: http://eztv.it/forum/12198/rules-on-scraping-this-sitey/

just a thought.

you're talking about caching. we're already doing that. and more.

he is actually talking about ajax, which i have been playing around with.
[#135892] Written by: saftblander [03/06/2010, 07:47]
humbly, i have no idea what architecture you guys have or what level of professionals you are. only thing
i have noticed is that this site is extremely well designed.

only wondering, are you guys using frontend servers to the web server(s) you have that cache the entire
cluster. these things are quite nifty, as they can run a website up to 10 times more efficient.
check out this one
http://www.varnish-cache.com/
[#135913] Written by: NovaKing (Administrator) [03/06/2010, 22:56]
we use a number of methods.. we are also limited in hardware specs atm, as we run this out of our
own pocket. that said, we will be having more servers to play with soon which will allow better load
times, better options for caching, load-balancing. this will also allow us to finally introduce new
features we have been wanting to put in for a good year now.
[#136107] Written by: anny3 [07/06/2010, 02:41]
3 pages of spam deleted
[#137489] Written by: gdmr [30/06/2010, 15:11]
ajax seem faster on client side but its not nessesary overall.
ajax need a lot more request then a normal php side do and the loading problem will not go away with it.

its the time php need to fill a request not the time a browser need to refresh with new data. true
is that with ajax you can load less files but with a good caching youve got nearly same efect
without ajax

but ajax has big overhead and do not run everywhere so the site wont be accessible as it is. so its
not a bad desicion to step away from ajax and stick with simple php

but one suggestion which can save you a lot of resources.
put every static data on a dedicated webserver (you can installa parallel another lighttpd on every
node in the cluster but different port or make a seperate but much smaller cluster)
on that httpd clean out everything except plain html and file services - make a very small ttl (max
2 sek)
and tweak the tcp wait times (or you maybe gonna kill it with to much requests - you know max 65k :-)

ther you put simply all small grafik images, logos and all other stuff which is static and do not
need to be generated by php/sql

by that way you save a lot cpu time so your php cluster get only the real php requests) and you can
optimize the static one (you would be surprised which difference something like this can make)

btw which kind of caching do you use? simple php optimizier or a own appropach too?
[#137515] Written by: NovaKing (Administrator) [30/06/2010, 22:17]
images already run off a different domain (ezimg.ch) which runs mainly in memory cache.

kernel on all the servers have already been modified to handle better with tweaked tcp wait times
and the such.

we utilize memcached which minimizes php script calling. we played around with varnishd but haven't
got a good setup working yet. we also plan to make good use of sphinx for searching which should
speed things up a lot.
[#137602] Written by: gdmr [02/07/2010, 05:55]
so i think you also use some php optimizer (like eaccelerator or zend or so..its a must have :-)

the thing is there are basically 2 way to speed up php.
first is that what you do.. set a lot of caching bevore and pray :-)

second one is a bit more complicated but more powerful (since you can use the technics above as an
addition too). the second one produce static html files (you can put them on a ramdrive which is
awesome)
all the script has todo is determine which static site should be loaded and if its exirepd.
but heres the question how much more performance you may gain.

hmm phinx.. heres going interresting why phinx?
nothing against it. but if youve such trouble with the search then youve a problem elsewhere.
i mean your tables are not that big that you should have such an performance problem with standard
sql searching.

i do not know your setup but here some suggestions:
if you already use multiple mysql nodes i would make a seperate node for searches only with an
optimized mysql setup for those searches. or use an seperate mysql instance. ok youve to update
records twice (one time normal db one time dedicated search db) but since write and updates are
defenetly the minor this should not be an issue.

use a seperate connection for searches. that way not your hole websites goes down if its overloaded
by searches.

also (i dont know if already done) a mysql optimizing / query optimizing /key optimizing might do a
big trick.

i usual work with tables above a mil. rows - test performance with 500-4k request a sec without
issues on a dedicaded server

can we know how much request /second /minute the website has and how much search request /sek
/minute overall?

beside that ... just a small hint if you dont already know: avaoid search for memo and blob fields -
those cant be cached in the ram by mysql (no temp tables here) so they always stay on the drives

another idea is setting up mysql slaves on ramdrives (i know iknow sounds crazy and you got a decent
replication time on reboots ...) but may help a bit too

besides another apropach for fetching files (lets say youve got a mill images or so) is storing them
into a mysql database - on small files the access time is faster than on the filesystem or at least
even but easier to handle - but i dont think you gonna need that one ...

one last thing: which way for connects from php to mysql do you use=
socket (each webserver has an mysql node?) tcp or tcp permanent connects? here can be an issue too
(i just say mysql proxy and stuff ...:-)
[#137660] Written by: NovaKing (Administrator) [03/07/2010, 21:08]
Quote by gdmr
so i think you also use some php optimizer (like eaccelerator or zend or so..its a must
have :-)

the thing is there are basically 2 way to speed up php.
first is that what you do.. set a lot of caching bevore and pray :-)

second one is a bit more complicated but more powerful (since you can use the technics above as an
addition too). the second one produce static html files (you can put them on a ramdrive which is
awesome)
all the script has todo is determine which static site should be loaded and if its exirepd.
but heres the question how much more performance you may gain.

hmm phinx.. heres going interresting why phinx?
nothing against it. but if youve such trouble with the search then youve a problem elsewhere.
i mean your tables are not that big that you should have such an performance problem with standard
sql searching.

i do not know your setup but here some suggestions:
if you already use multiple mysql nodes i would make a seperate node for searches only with an
optimized mysql setup for those searches. or use an seperate mysql instance. ok youve to update
records twice (one time normal db one time dedicated search db) but since write and updates are
defenetly the minor this should not be an issue.

use a seperate connection for searches. that way not your hole websites goes down if its overloaded
by searches.

also (i dont know if already done) a mysql optimizing / query optimizing /key optimizing might do a
big trick.

i usual work with tables above a mil. rows - test performance with 500-4k request a sec without
issues on a dedicaded server

can we know how much request /second /minute the website has and how much search request /sek
/minute overall?

beside that ... just a small hint if you dont already know: avaoid search for memo and blob fields -
those cant be cached in the ram by mysql (no temp tables here) so they always stay on the drives

another idea is setting up mysql slaves on ramdrives (i know iknow sounds crazy and you got a decent
replication time on reboots ...) but may help a bit too

besides another apropach for fetching files (lets say youve got a mill images or so) is storing them
into a mysql database - on small files the access time is faster than on the filesystem or at least
even but easier to handle - but i dont think you gonna need that one ...

one last thing: which way for connects from php to mysql do you use=
socket (each webserver has an mysql node?) tcp or tcp permanent connects? here can be an issue too
(i just say mysql proxy and stuff ...:-)

static html does not work for dynamic content (esp forums, my page, etc) designing memcache properly
you can pretty much bring php/mysql calls to an absolute minimum.

also, those optimizers don't work too well, tried them in the past, the results were not worth it.

the reason for sphinx is more for future features, not for how the site currently stands, mysql runs
perfectly fine as it is with all the config optimizations.
[#137693] Written by: alienhunter [04/07/2010, 20:03]
hi there, i am being directed to zoink.it everytime i try to download can someone help? is it the site or
what is wrong here, i don't even know what zoink.it is, if its safe or now.
thank you
[#137696] Written by: hcomey [04/07/2010, 23:32]
an admin posted in another thread that they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix.
[#137729] Written by: jessicaknight [05/07/2010, 19:44]
what's up with the slow load-ups and no icons?

it's an eztv thing
i tried three web browsers
i deleted all cookies from all browsers
and every other site works fine in all three browsers.

(up-date) 7/7/2010
site is working better now.

[#137733] Written by: gualdhar [05/07/2010, 20:30]
again, admin knows, they're trying to fix the problem. an update would be nice but i'd rather them
fix it first.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]