Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#151690] Written by: reeferrocker [25/01/2011, 03:05]
this is unwatchable....
[#151691] Written by: WhtRvn [25/01/2011, 04:01]
whoa! deja vu.
syfy should stop referring to this show as "original series" when they copy frame by frame from the
uk one.
this is indeed unwatchable.
[#151692] Written by: zeroworth [25/01/2011, 04:14]
from what i read, they're making the first season similar to the original to please fans of the uk
version. they watched the uk first season and based the first season of theirs on it, but refused to
watch the second season so they could take it into other directions
[#151711] Written by: pelrun [25/01/2011, 10:10]
thankfully s3 of the uk version has started, so i don't need to be tempted by this...
[#151727] Written by: sapper71 [25/01/2011, 18:09]
watched the first two parts the story seems rather rushed compared to the uk version. where
incedently the ghost was a rather flaky white girl from lancashire but because of pc complaints the bbc
changed her to a black londoner. wasn.t enough black faces in it.
[#152081] Written by: Sithinferno [31/01/2011, 01:46]
this is a good show, and its better than the uk version, i dont understand how you can like the uk
show in anyway more than this version, its a little more funny, but thats all.
[#153292] Written by: kreaturen [14/02/2011, 16:37]
i agree with sithinferno... whether you liked the original show or not, but are into this type of shows in
general, i suggest you stop listening to these ferrots and just see the show for yourselves. it's basically
the same, but with a slightly different edge to it. aiden's face is as stiff as a vampire should be, josh
looks like the whimpering dog that he is, and to me sally doesn't look like a cheap imitation of annie
anymore so this is going to be great.
it's a great remake so stop bitching! i liked the original and i like this one. if you don't like it you still
have the uk version on it's third season. what does it fucking matter if the americans make their own?
[#154221] Written by: DanaC [26/02/2011, 14:19]
Quote by sapper71
watched the first two parts the story seems rather rushed compared to the uk
version. where
incedently the ghost was a rather flaky white girl from lancashire but because of pc complaints
the bbc
changed her to a black londoner. wasn.t enough black faces in it.

the original pilot was aired about 18 months before they began to shoot the first series. the
woman who played the ghost (anne riseborough) had by then entered the big time and got
several very prominent roles. she had already committed to another project by the time the new
series was being cast.

it had absolutely nothing to do with 'pc complaints' or not having enough black faces on tv.

this is the first time i have ever posted on these forums. i've avoided it til now. but that was
such a ridiculous comment to make. racist agenda much? let me guess: second class citizens in
our own country, right eh, right?

*shakes head*

incidentally and on a lighter note: i think the syfy version really starts to get good around
episode 4/5. i like both shows now. they're different beasts.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]