TV Packs only

Black Mirror S01E01 HDTV XviD-RiVER

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#172501] Written by: antisocial [05/12/2011, 19:56]
alright mister prime minister, screw that pig or we kill the princess. oh, and be sure to put it up
on youtube.

i'm going to watch this, because you just have to watch something this ridiculous. that, and the
idea of a troll/artist turned terrorist is kinda cool.
[#172504] Written by: Ellinas76 [05/12/2011, 20:49]
the title reminds me the black mirror adventure games.
[#172510] Written by: MrR [05/12/2011, 21:44]
not kosher

black mirror (tv series 2011)
season 1
season 1, episode 1: the national anthem
original air date
[#172513] Written by: BoonesFerry [05/12/2011, 23:03]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/black_mirror_(tv_series)

black mirror is a three-part television drama series created by charlie brooker. the series is produced
by zeppotron for endemol.

an endemol press release describes the series as "a hybrid of the twilight zone and tales of the
unexpected which taps into our contemporary unease about our modern world", with the stories having
a "techno-paranoia" feel.

more info at:
http://www.channel4.com/info/press/programme-information/black-mirror/allpi

tvrage.com/shows/id-30348/episode_guide

dec/04/2011 01x01 - the national anthem
dec/11/2011 01x02 - 15 million merits
dec/18/2011 01x03 - the entire history of you

[#172517] Written by: vexxxboy [06/12/2011, 00:28]
this was good, well worth a watch if you like british satire and black humour .
[#172520] Written by: carbon [06/12/2011, 02:28]
surprisingly good and unsurprisingly disturbing.
[#172523] Written by: zleet [06/12/2011, 03:15]
same writer as dead set, the show with the zombie attack on the uk big brother house (with the
actual house and presenter).

love the stuff charlie brooker does especially newswipe his satirical round-up of what's going on in
the world.
[#172535] Written by: NoGod4Me [06/12/2011, 11:44]
wow!
[#172544] Written by: lebigouden [06/12/2011, 16:41]
as nogod4me says: wow!
a must-see .
[#172549] Written by: Mobywatcher [06/12/2011, 19:20]
this is kinda disturbing and shows where we are at and why everything is crumbling.

imagine it, writer drops into managers office, hi dave i've got this great idea for a drama, well
what is it? well it goes the princess gets taken hostage and only the pm can free her by doing a
pig.......err yeah, great idea ...not!

this is sick mind at work, perhaps next month we can have one with the king of jordan being
blackmailed to eat pig meat to save someone, it's just not right and it's not the mind of a sane
person that thinks it up.

the show itself is well executed there's no lack of quality, it's just i'm finding a lot of things
are not helping a sick world right now, like all the terrorism plot shows, how do you think it makes
the average muslim person feel when they are constantly help accountable, not less the hate it
generates when mind mush sees it and decides they are all bad people cos the tv said so.

for a long time, and i mean a long time i've felt the media isn't helping mankind, some of the
things the imagination turns into film would never happen if some sicko hadn't got the idea from the
show they watched.

anyway, we all know she isn't a prisoner anyway, it's a ploy to embarass the pm cos the royals
didn't give her enough attention, and little miss hostage will along with her civil rights and
pollitical correctness clan will all end up busted or dead in the last 5 minutes.

from a brit, fecking brit tv sucks, dark, depressing and generally a mile away from us shows which
at least have some edge to them.

blahblahblah.
[#172593] Written by: sims937 [07/12/2011, 04:46]
yeah well americans mess up alot of uk tv shows like life on mars
[#172604] Written by: obarker2000 [07/12/2011, 09:03]
hated this show, but at the same time feel like it needed to be watched. the united kingdom has a policy of
not giving in to terrorists, and yet somehow we always find a way to do it. israel only exists because we
capitulated to zionist terrorists after wwii. live animal exports and the fur trade were virtually
extinguished because of attacks by the animal liberation front, and we now have "political correctness",
where we can't fart without some cowardly bureaucrat pointing out that allah might not like it.

take the prime minister as a metaphor for the united kingdom. fact is, we'd suffer any humiliation to avoid
a bad headline. add the threat of terrorism, and britain is a nation crippled by fear. hideous as this
program is, it's heartening to realise that someone in the public eye realises this. it's just a shame that
most people watching it will only see the shock value of the story, not what it throws a light on in our
society.
[#172820] Written by: ockraz [10/12/2011, 20:50]
Quote by verb

i loved that they didnt go over the top with it. other than the pig fucking bit, it was almost totally a
stand-up straight drama. and thats what made it funny. they couldve done it in the "jokes-every-
second" style... but instead chose to let the situation create the funny around the serious tone. i loved it.
my favorite bit was the aide chick saying to take his time because if he rushes it, it'll seem like hes
enjoying it. then cut to someone watching him go on and on and quip "sick fucker....he just keeps
going, its been over an hour!" that made me laugh out out.

christ. if people watched this show, not heard about the premise or read a blurb but actually watched
it, and they came away finding it funny, then all i can say is that those people are sick fucks. this was
disturbing almost painful to watch. it was about the intentional debasing and humiliating of someone
who'd done nothing whatsoever to deserve it, and that's funny? what is wrong with you? if it had been
done over the top snl style, then yeah, i can see someone finding it humorous, but this was done
straight and realistically. when you saw the contrast of his not going too slow (else he'd seem eager) or
too fast (he's been at it over an hour) i felt horribly sorry for the character. how easy do you think it
would be to fuck a pig until you ejaculate? i'd say it'd be horrendous. you're basically being
dehumanized and people are critiquing your sexual performance. disgusting.

Quote by verb
maybe i loved it more than most because i'm american and i envy a culture that isnt
afraid to push boundries. in the us, unless its sex and violence it doesnt even push the envelope. we
would never have a show like this over here. and if we did it'd be in a snl sketch or some over the top
gross-out movie.

i'm american too buddy, and while i do agree that the typical uk drama is probably better than the
typical us broadcast drama (although there are outliers: they produce some crappy ones and we
produce some pretty great ones and when you look at our cable stuff that's quite good), i am not
envious of this show. i'm glad that it'd never be broadcast here. i'm not saying it shouldn't have been
made. if an indie production company wanted to make it as a movie and shop it around festivals like
that fake documentary from a few years back about the assassination of president bush, then fine.
people of all political stripes agreed that that was in poor taste and it was mostly ignored. i suppose
something like this or the bush film could've gotten picked up by hbo or showtime to play in the
evenings once the film finished its theatrical run. that's how it could've been made here, and i think
that it's better that we'd not have actually broadcast it.

a couple of things struck me. one was that there was a 'man on the street' interview where a fellow
said that the pm should do it because they could always get another pm but they couldn't get another
princess. i wonder how much that makes this something that couldn't happen in a republic like the us.
would they have suggested the same if it's just been the daughter of a senator or a former president?

another thing that occurred to me was that the ordinary people watching and commenting in the show
were looking at it as a matter of the pm being forced to 'sacrifice his dignity'. not to put too fine a point
on it, but he was basically letting himself be raped by a farm animal. suppose that the pm had been
margaret thatcher and the demand was that she let herself be screwed by a dog. would anyone have
described that as merely a 'sacrifice of one's dignity'?

i was surprised that they portrayed the aftermath as his remaining popular with a 3 point bump in the
polls. i have a hard time believing that. in real life, people (despite wanting him to do it in the heat of
the moment) would have been unable to respect him afterwards, just as they showed happening with his
wife. that's actually much more realistic than suggesting he'd have a mild increase in popularity.
human beings are fickle, emotional, and irrational. we make decisions under pressure that we
reconsider in the cold hard light of day. in reality, he'd have been forced to resign in two months or
less having lost the confidence and respect of the people whom he was supposed to represent.

finally, i was hoping that this was going somewhere different. i kept watching and waiting hoping for it
to become a modern analog to the lady godiva story. that would have given the thing at least some
sort of redemptive moral. remember that when godiva consents to humiliate herself for the good of
the people of coventry, everyone is instructed to look away. much the same is done in this story. in
the godiva legend, only the "peeping tom" (which is where the term originates) actually watches and he
was shamed, and in some versions became blind or died. i was hoping that after a couple of minutes,
the pm would look into the camera and say something like, "for god's sake, if you have any decency
you won't still be watching. anyone who's still watching me debase myself - knowing why i'm doing it -
have you no shame?"

i was hoping and waiting for that moment. i wanted to see how they would show the reaction of all the
people still tuned in. that would have made for an interesting commentary about how much modern
entertainment focuses on people being humiliated for the viewers enjoyment. from the old jerry
springer show to fear factor to a lot of similar garbage on the internet and foreign tv. (it seems
especially popular in japan, which i don't understand. it strikes me as out of character.)

then there would at least have been a moral to the story.
[#172834] Written by: BoonesFerry [11/12/2011, 04:30]

tvrage.com/shows/id-30348/episode_guide

dec/04/2011 01x01 - the national anthem
dec/11/2011 01x02 - 15 million merits
dec/18/2011 01x03 - the entire history of you

[#173048] Written by: Mobywatcher [13/12/2011, 19:20]
well a week on and ep2 was more mind mush, ep1 btw was beastiality and that is illegal irl, how this
got to the production stage is beyond me.

to ockraz, this is typical britain these days, your shows with
rare exceptions are much better, verb states he loves it and that survivor and another low grade
program haven't been that good and that kinda shows what sort of tv appeals to him, without wanting
to be critical of him i suspect he's in his 20's and
anti establishment, this show probably appealled purely because it focuses on abusing a political
figure, ep2 he's going to enjoy because it relates to the world he's growing up in, i.e all pixel
and subliminal control, the sad thing is he won't be alone in finding this great tv, i'll put it
down to age and the condition of the world today where tv seems to think it has every right to film
any action, when he gets older he'll look back on this and at the very least think about the poor
pig that was used to film this, to me this is disgraceful and i'm no prude i just think there are
some things that don't need showing.

the media got our lads killed in the falklands with their reporting of what was going to be the next
move, they did it again in the balkans and until someone realised that a tv signal can be seen all
across the globe they'd no doubt be doing it all again in afghanistan, if it's within the bounds of
reality then fine, but this isn't this is a sick fantasy that i suspect resides in the mind of
someone who was involved in the making of it.

@ verb, i'm not slating you, i'm pointing that some things should never be made, for the right eyes
i would imagine this show gave the same sort of gratification that a blood lusting fan would get at
a boxing match, y'know the guy shouting out whose never been in a fight in his life ;->
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]