========================================

premiere: march 01, 2012
classification: scripted
genre: drama | sci-fi
network: nbc (usa)
airs: thursdays
runtime: 60 minutes

season 1 (13 episodes) - march 1, 2012 to date unknown/tba

the pilot was made available on hulu, youtube and itunes on february 16, 2012.

episode list:
tvrage.com/awake/episode_list
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/awake_(tv_series)#episodes

about the show

awake follows a man named detective michael britten (jason isaacs) who wakes up after a car
accident. he learns that his wife, who was in the car with him, died. he tries to put everything together
to find what is going on. however, after a few days, he finds that his wife is not dead, but that it was his
son who died. confused, michael goes back to work as a detective trying to put things normal again.
one moment he is talking to his wife about having another baby and then the next he is at a tennis
match talking to his son's coach about how his son is dealing with the loss. all this time, he is trying to
do the job he loves and thinking that he is going insane.

created by kyle killen (lone star), awake dives into a story about a man wanting to know what is real
and what is in his mind. the creativity of the show allows for the viewers to enjoy themselves and try to
help michael through his cases. it is a new age type of plot that turns a normal, sane man into
something that he never thought of happening to him ever.

additonal information:
tvrage.com/awake
imdb.com/title/tt1839683/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/awake_(tv_series)

date of last review or update: february 29, 2012
[#178486] Written by: nedzweet [29/02/2012, 22:00]
life on mars redone?
[#178491] Written by: Tonsar [29/02/2012, 22:09]
Quote by nedzweet
life on mars redone?

i hope not, but i haven't seen it yet.

off-topic, i love how the us series couldn't handle the ending that the uk series did.

must be nice to live in a nation where you get a crappy cop-out instead of emotionally powerful
drama that the uk series ended on.
[#178492] Written by: Tonsar [29/02/2012, 22:14]
its early yet, and i hope i'm wrong, and i still haven't watched it.
i see 50% of people hoping the wife alive is reality. 50% hoping the son alive is reality.
i see this ending up being the writers pressured to make 100% of people happy.
i see the series suffering because of it.
hopefully i'm mistaken.
[#178523] Written by: YourMomma59 [01/03/2012, 00:40]
i don't know anything about life on mars, but i really like this program. i like the way it delves deep into
ways the mind can divert when faced with overwhelming tragedy. it's kind of like "lie to me" in looking at
how humans tick.

personally i think they're both dead and he was drunk when the accident happened. i would expect the
end of the series to show him either waking up from a coma and realizing they are both gone (a la dead
zone; i.e. waking up when he can finally deal with it) or him coming to the realization they are both gone
and both counselors disappearing. in that scenario, i say brain trauma is causing pressure on his pineal
gland causing him to be able to see both his wife and his son's energy echo (spirit). when he finally
realizes they aren't real, then he'll have to deal with the fact that he's talking to ghosts. either way, he's
screwed. men don't do well with such concepts.
[#178589] Written by: alexjones [01/03/2012, 06:05]
how is this up already? i thought the premiere wasn't until tonight.
[#178624] Written by: [VBM] [01/03/2012, 09:44]
this was ok. i don't see it lasting 2 seasons with this premise though. its going to get real old
real quick. plus its obvious that it will end one of 2 ways. either they're both dead or he is.
[#178647] Written by: UnusualSuspect [01/03/2012, 15:36]
i liked it, but like the previous poster, i'm not sure how it can really be an extended series. it does feel
quite 'inception' in style, so maybe they could have him controlling his own realities - that would be
bizarre. probably wouldn't work from what i've seen so far, but still.. would love an inception style tv
show.
[#178656] Written by: decanos78 [01/03/2012, 17:41]
hmmmm? not sure what to make of this.. agreeing it's inception like.. but then again..

1. could it be the cop thats actually in a coma and the wife and kid is still alive in the real
world sitting by his bed in turn talking to him and his brain is dealing by goin to alternate
realities. he basically won't wake up until his brains puts all the pieces back together again
about the crash.

or.. god forbid..

2. they are all dead but his spirit just won't let go.. like *cough* lost, and the shrinks are
trying to get the cop to realise he's dead as they are dead too.

just my thought on this.. hope to god its not the second option, i have a thing for setting
myself up for disapointment, so wen nothing happens like it should im not so bummed
about it after.. lol

will definatly b following this show.
[#178738] Written by: sueann [02/03/2012, 12:05]
been waiting for this and wtf no avi, all my shows this week in stupid format :-(
[#179072] Written by: decanos78 [05/03/2012, 17:39]
Quote by sueann
been waiting for this and wtf no avi, all my shows this week in stupid format :-(

should go to the bay if ur looking for .avi versions of ur tv series, .avi, .mp4 or whatever...
i dnt really care what type of file they are.. just aslong as i get to watch the episodes i miss,
the groups work hard at getting us these as quickly as possible, and its much appreciated.
[#179438] Written by: [VBM] [09/03/2012, 11:09]
so after episode 2 i have to recant my first post. if the show focuses more on the cases, and scales
back his imagination it probably could go for a couple seasons. i think that the end of ep2 came a
little too fast, and should have been saved for a season finale. just my opinion. i'm liking it a
bit more.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]