Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#179402] Written by: kassyopeia [09/03/2012, 00:27]
http://nfo.piratebytes.com/archer.2009.s03e08.sd.hdtv.x264-compulsion.nfo
[#179404] Written by: dsiminiuk [09/03/2012, 00:32]
don't these episodes show up in xvid any more? wtf!
[#179408] Written by: -theawesome- [09/03/2012, 01:41]
yeah nobody is realeasing stuff in xvid any more. it's all x264.
if you really want the xvid for some strange reason then you can google it,
and find one that someone else has converted (or possibly directly encoded, but unlikely),
or just convert it yourself.
it actually makes way more sense to encode this in x264.
anime/cartoon stuff works really well in x264.
if you're trying to play it on your pc/mac and it won't work then try vlc.
[#179409] Written by: evolutioncv [09/03/2012, 02:03]
Quote by dsiminiuk

download it from somewhere else, this site is for scene releases, and they decided to update their
encoding process.

i am glad this change has taken place. files are smaller, quality is equal or better and finally,
its in a format that any future device will be supporting. had to happen
sooner or later. and this already was later! there are tons of websites where you can download your
avis. eztv is not one of them. never was. it always was your website to get your scene releases and
then bitch about them publicly
[#179414] Written by: BoonesFerry [09/03/2012, 03:49]

lol kudos evolutioncv.

[#179431] Written by: WBro [09/03/2012, 09:46]
Quote by evolutioncv
Quote by dsiminiuk

there are tons of websites where you can download your
avis. eztv is not one of them. never was. it always was your website to get your scene releases and

you must be on crack or something with that kind of logic. you can still get avis from here for certain shows and if i look
back
two weeks i can see plenty or avis, so i really can't see why this place "never was (for avis)".

im off to youtube to infect my mind with more insane bullshitbabble...
[#179434] Written by: xpmule [09/03/2012, 10:14]
actualy there are still active scene groups releasing avi/xvid's
its just that this specific web site has chosen to ignore these files !!!!!!!
this is pretty stupid plain and simple.
if a hand full of groups are !!still!! releasing xvid / avi's then who the hell is eztv to say we
can't watch them ?
were not allowed to ? lol fuck that shit

after this scene rules change i think i'm done with eztv
we could have been given a choice during a transition but instead eztv is forcing a choice on its users.

and to the lippy idiots who say these xvid's/avi's arn't beeing released anymore.. i say open your
god damn eyes !

this is one of maaaany sites who still offer a choice <- get the hint ?

http://www.rlsbb.com/category/tv-shows/

oh and its not 1 grouo still releasing avi's either people
if you look yesterday alone fqm, 2hd, omicron, crimson, yt all released scene rips of tv shows in
avi/xvid format

bottom line is eztv idiots and talk all they want people will share what they want and people will
download etc
[#179437] Written by: Coco [09/03/2012, 11:02]
there is plenty of reason not to upload both. it takes up their time and bandwidth and it can also cause
a lot of confusion having the same show multiple times in the same quality so if they don't want to do it
that's their call. they still put up the avis when x264 isn't found but ultimately this change is happening,
if you want to hold onto avis go somewhere else you're not hurting anyone here if you leave and you
certainly won't be missed.

of course it doesn't matter where you go eventually avis will be removed from there soon. most of the
scene has already dropped support for avis and the rest will follow eventually. it may be months or it
may be years but it's a dying standard so why don't you just stop complaining and either update so you
can use the mp4's or go somewhere else that is stuck in the past with you.
[#179441] Written by: evolutioncv [09/03/2012, 12:47]
Quote by wbro
Quote by evolutioncv
Quote by dsiminiuk
don't these episodes show up in xvid any more?
wtf!

there are tons of websites where you can download your

you must be on crack or something with that kind of logic. you can still get avis from here for
certain shows and if i look
back
two weeks i can see plenty or avis, so i really can't see why this place "never was (for avis)".

im off to youtube to infect my mind with more insane bullshitbabble...

if any one is on crack, kind sir, it certainly is you! you quote me wrong, fully aware of the fact,
as you even put your substituted wisdom in brackets. even though, this site never was for avis. that
you can quote. it was and is for scene releases. some of them were avis. all releases that come out
now and are avis are not official scene releases.

maybe you are still able to find avis created by some release groups, but they are not official, as
every official scene release must adhere to the new rules, otherwise they are not really scene
releases. did i already mention that? yeah, maybe, but you seem to be unable to understand things
only stated once.

you can read everything about it right there : http://scenenotice.org/details.php?id=2029 . those
rules are mandatory as per 22.02.2012. not my fault some groups don't comply.

go there and tell them that they are on crack you blistering idiot.-

[#179442] Written by: kassyopeia [09/03/2012, 13:27]

Quote by evolutioncv
maybe you are still able to find avis created by some release groups, but they are not
official, as
every official scene release must adhere to the new rules, otherwise they are not really scene
releases. did i already mention that? yeah, maybe, but you seem to be unable to understand things
only stated once.

you can read everything about it right there : http://scenenotice.org/details.php?id=2029 . those
rules are mandatory as per 22.02.2012. not my fault some groups don't comply.

my understanding of the situation is a little different. "mandatory" merely means that any sd-x264 releases
must comply with that standard from that date to be considered valid. there are separate standards for
sd-xvid and hd-x264 releases (and there may be yet others, i wouldn't know); they exist in parallel and
neither one is more or less official than the others. to wit, non-compliance with a standard is a reason for
nuking, but the xvid releases continue to appear on the release-dbs and are not being nuked.

there is some amount of guesswork in there on my part, admittedly.
[#179453] Written by: cmotd [09/03/2012, 17:12]
it takes about 10 minutes to re-encode this to avi using any one of the millions of free encoding
programs available on the net.

anyone complaining about getting something for free because they're too lazy to spend 10 minutes of
their time on it should be minced, fermented and sprayed on my lawn as fertilizer.
[#179458] Written by: BoonesFerry [09/03/2012, 18:49]

yay! soylent green lawn fertilizer.

i think you have a winning product. lol.

[#179467] Written by: dsiminiuk [09/03/2012, 22:14]
well it's nice to know everybody has such a cool head here. </sarc>

i'm a casual users and i've been getting torrents of xvids for every single show i've ever watched
from here for a couple of years now. it has been a great thing and thank you very much.

my modded xbox (xbmc as a media player only) won't play mp4 so i guess i'm screwed and soon
enough from everywhere it seems so the modded xbox will go in the trash. i don't keep up with
the "standards scene" to know what is "in" or "out". some email blast or notice would have been nice
for us noobs. thanks for everything, it's been great.

what an ubelievable shitstorm this thread is. my problems seem so small now. good luck with that.
[#179470] Written by: BoonesFerry [09/03/2012, 22:53]

there are many groups, and individuals, who release video under a group name or individual nickname.
the core group are what are commonly referred to as "the scene".
the scene create and adopt a rigid set of rules for various categories; apps, video, music, etc.
the scene has a rigid set of rules for sd (standard-definition) rips.
the scene has a rigid set of rules for the xvid and x264 codecs.
the new 2012 sd scene rules replace any pre-existing rules.
the new 2012 sd scene rules mandates the use of x264.

newly released rips that use the xvid codec are not in line with the new sd scene rules, therefore they
are not "official" scene releases. even though the release group, or individual(s), may be referred to
as part of the scene. if they continue to break the rigid scene rules then they are in-de-facto, a subset,
an off-shoot...not official.

as with any organization or group there are those who disagree with the rules, rules that have been
setup and agreed to by the majority, and they will go about doing things their own way. how far they
stray from the rules usually determines if the group or person(s) are excommunicated/ostracized from
the core group. but since "the scene" does not have an official hierarchy, and formal rigid structure, it
is impossible to have a single definitive definition for what qualifies as an "official" scene release.

my understanding...my two cents.

[#179485] Written by: kassyopeia [10/03/2012, 00:45]

Quote by boonesferry
the new 2012 sd scene rules replace any pre-existing rules.
the new 2012 sd scene rules mandates the use of x264.

however, the scope of the ruleset isn't "sd", period, it is merely "sd x264 tv". says so right in the title,
and is further explained in the lede:
the sd x264 tv section was formed to separate releases from the ruleless world of tv-xvid.
this document will cover the rules and guidelines for only sd resolution x264 television rips.

if the intention was to supersede and replace tv-xvid, they would have worded that rather differently,
i'm thinking.

Quote by boonesferry
but since "the scene" does not have an official hierarchy, and formal rigid
structure, it is impossible to have a single definitive definition for what qualifies as an "official" scene
release.

meh. if a given release ends up as a valid item in the release-dbs, that makes it an official scene
release. if it is excluded or nuked, it's... something else. for instance, orlydb currently lists three items
for |grimm s01e14|:
2012-03-10 04:03:48 tv-xvid grimm.s01e14.plumed.serpent.hdtv.xvid-fqm
2012-03-10 01:58:10 tv-x264 grimm.s01e14.hdtv.x264-lol
2012-03-10 01:58:05 tv-x264 grimm.s01e14.720p.hdtv.x264-dimension

that makes those the three official scene releases of this episode, as far as i'm concerned. you're
surely right in that the situation isn't quite as black-and-white behind the scenes (unintended pun), but
why should that worry us consumers?
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]