TV Packs only

Awkward S02E03 HDTV x264-COMPULSiON

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#186140] Written by: davebo [13/07/2012, 19:41]
bad encoding... does not function on many media players and dvd players with hardware decoding.
[#186145] Written by: kimmerz29 [13/07/2012, 23:31]
same problem
[#186146] Written by: BoonesFerry [14/07/2012, 00:01]

audio, video, or both?
what stand alone hardware player are you using?
do you get an error message?
what method of transporting from pc to player...wifie streming, data dvd, memory card, etc?
please provide more details and i'll pass the info along to a couple people to see if they
can come up with a root cause and or a solution.

[#186164] Written by: davebo [14/07/2012, 09:34]
device in use is a wdtv live media player

the file does not work and is reported on the screen as an unsupported file type.. it does not
provide a reason specifically. this error is most likely from the video component, as i have had
other videos in the past that simply did not play the audio component but they video still played.

it does nto matter the mechanism to transport to the player... upnp media streaming, nas file
share, usb connected... it is an encoding issue, not a file delivery issue.

i have checked many of these recent incompatible files with medainfo, comparing them to working
ones and there are very few differences.... so i have been unable to determine the reason. i am
not that knowledgeable on the specifics of the encoding, so maybe others can help.

men at work, for example, posted to eztv immediately before it, worked fine. heck until the last
couple of days 99.9% opf files all worked fine. this week i have found several that did not.

these did not work also... and there does not seem to be anything specific that is the same
between these 2 that is obvious and different from working ones... but there must be something
i am simply not seeing.

- line.of.duty.1x03.hdtv.x264-fov.mp4
- the.listener.s03e06.she.sells.sanctuary.hdtv.x264-tla.mp4

cheers!
[#186197] Written by: BoonesFerry [15/07/2012, 14:11]

thank you, davebo, i'll pass the info along.
eztv does not have a direct link to members of 'the scene' but i can pass the info along and hopefully it
will work its way through the maze of people to someone who can examine the files to determine if the
encoding methods used meet the agreed upon rule set, "sd x264 tv releasing standards 2012"
http://scenerules.irc.gs/t.html?id=2012_sdtvx264r.nfo

so far the issue seems to be limitted to fov, compulsion, & tla releases...and in many cases seems
to be caused by the audio encoding scheme.

ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]