Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#188692] Written by: BoonesFerry [17/09/2012, 23:41]

show information page:
http://eztv.it/shows/681/revolution/
air dates, show description, links to tv show resources, etc.

[#188698] Written by: itorrent [18/09/2012, 00:13]
does this differ from the copy posted last week?
[#188701] Written by: BoonesFerry [18/09/2012, 00:52]

Quote by itorrent
does this differ from the copy posted last week?

eztv did not post one last week.

"the scene" releases were not posted until today, within the last couple hours, and are titled:
revolution.2012.s01e01.hdtv.x264-lol and
revolution.2012.s01e01.internal.720p.hdtv.x264-evolve

however, there are a few torrent groups that obtained a non-scene cap/recording, from unknown
sources as early as two weeks ago. sometimes a tv network website or some other website will stream
an early viewing for some ad promotion, often itunes, maybe an industry family/friends/critics/
screener dvd, or perhaps a satellite special promo, etc...who really knows? sometimes non-scene
releases are total crap quality sometimes they're great. there is no consistency because non-scene
groups do not have to follow the rigorous releasing standards that "the scene" release groups must
adhere to. the early releases that don't have "2012" in their title, and may or may not have the
word "pilot" in their title, are the same episode as those released tonight by the scene.

sorry for the long winded rambling...i do that when i'm super tired.

if you're bored or curious...
the sd x264 tv releasing standards 2012
http://scenerules.irc.gs/n.html?id=2012_sdtvx264u1.nfo

[#188702] Written by: tonynyc [18/09/2012, 01:00]
the earlier release was a webrip of the pilot which was available to watch online, not a pre air, so
that release and this release are the same.
[#188709] Written by: crossmr [18/09/2012, 02:45]
rigorous releasing standards?
haha..
[#188711] Written by: Movie Critic [18/09/2012, 03:25]
watched it...

the production is impressive, they seem to have borrowed i am legend's digital sets , casting seems
good. action sequences are cool. the idea for the settings is interesting but...

i have a problem with the writing in that it is closer to fantasy than science fiction and thus not very
believable albeit the modern day settings..

SPOILER ALERT - (highlight to read)
-the protagonist's brother just happens to be the guy who put the big boss in charge and is a
master swordsman.
-there are little amulets that supposedly have enough power to locally disperse a planet-wide em
interference.
-they use an ancient monochromatic crt screen for no real reason.
-the story is actually a conspiracy theory to bring back electricity.

in short the writing seems very hacked up but unlike lost this doesn't take place on an island so i
don't see how they can convince us that any of the scientific anomalies are believable and the story
seems to build up to something very cliche of good vs evil.

the whole world-engulfing evil conspiracy that is stopped by a few small people crap is such a tired
cliche by now.

======================================================
spoiler tags added to post by moderator (boonesferry) september 18, 2012.
in the future, when discussing key elements or details of the show please use spoiler tags.
text that is entered between two spoiler tags is not visible...until it is highlighted (selected).
for future reference, please copy and paste (or type) the following text into your message:
[spoiler] replace this line with your spoiler message. [/spoiler]
======================================================
p.s. i enjoy reading your movie critiques
[#188724] Written by: mikey-bizzle-2010 [18/09/2012, 06:57]
some people really seem to lack imagination! i thought this was pretty good myself it's only the 1st
episode for christ sake
[#188728] Written by: Username666 [18/09/2012, 07:57]
moore's law go check it out- what we have in the public eye the military is so far in front of us by
atleast 40 years- another 20 years from now our technology will be a billion times more powerful
then what it is now if moore's law holds true which it has since 1965!
so military technology by the same law is already beyond what most ppl have in the public eye or can
conceive of!
[#188729] Written by: pelrun [18/09/2012, 08:07]
oh joy, another post-apocalyptic drama filled with idiots.
[#188736] Written by: [VBM] [18/09/2012, 09:21]
looks like a tv show based on the ps3 game 'the last of us'. probably is. knowing jj abrams he
probably shit this script out 10 minutes after seeing the game teaser. everything he does is an
overhyped disappointment. he spends more time trying to con people into seeing his garbage than he
does trying to actually make something that doesn't suck.
[#188741] Written by: zygron [18/09/2012, 10:12]
geez, so serious
i thought tv shows were for entertainment value. i still live in hope that one of these type of shows will last more than a
season and have a chance to tell a full story despite all the holes people can poke in the science and call it a regurgitated
story line.
maybe where they are going wrong is in the title. slap a ny, la, miami at the end of it and it's bound to get a few seasons.
that seems to work for every other regurgitated crap i can think of.

anyway, reason for my post seeing no one else thought to mention it.
there are 2 video glitches, one at the 28 sec mark and another elsewhere in the ep (can't remember where)
not bad enough to disrupt the viewing but for people with limited quota and that like to keep the series, might be worth
waiting for a repack or proper if it does get nuked.

just thought this might actually be a useful post to a few people out there.
[#188744] Written by: tumbleweed [18/09/2012, 11:48]
well at least its a bit different from the many crime/medical series out there...it was alright
thanks for the up!
[#188750] Written by: BizmoN [18/09/2012, 15:06]
aikousha... sorry you lost me after saying, "star trek is really bad science fiction: did you say
something after that?
[#188766] Written by: phish73 [19/09/2012, 04:01]
i'll try anything with giancarlo esposito.
[#188780] Written by: scudsy [19/09/2012, 18:38]
not a bad show. yes you could sit there and pick it to bits if you are that way inclined or you could just
sit back, watch the show and take it for what it is. i'm not going to go on and on and on writing
paragraph after paragraph of trivial drival looking for a reason to hate everthing. relax h8rs.
:brownie:
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]