TV Packs only

Homeland S02E12 PROPER 720p HDTV x264-EVOLVE

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#192927] Written by: BoonesFerry [19/12/2012, 22:11]

when a new revision of software/codec comes out, scene groups are rquired to update within 30 days.
this release missed the 30 day mark by about ten days...they used the previous version of the x264
codec. so technically immerse broke a rule evolve did the proper.

the sd x264 tv releasing standards 2012
http://scenerules.irc.gs/n.html?id=2012_sdtvx264u1.nfo

so this one is fine, imo. not sure how the end products differs...i'm not going to take the time to
examine the two versions for what would be minor differences that would probably go unnoticed by
most end users. kinda like, that ten pound bag of rice is missing four grains of rice. technically a flaw
but will the end user even notice it? [shrugs] i suppose if i were a manufacturer of rice i would point
out that my competitor was shorting people. maybe not the best analogy but it's what came to mind
[#192948] Written by: Worpe [20/12/2012, 13:23]
isn't there a rule about fooling people by using the word 'proper' for something like this? it
falsely gives the impression there was a real error in the other release.

i see there is:

- propers are only permitted in the case of a technical flaw in the original release (flaw!)
- qualitative propers are not allowed
[#192956] Written by: ess [20/12/2012, 19:56]
apparently, using an outdated codec is a
[#192973] Written by: BoonesFerry [21/12/2012, 03:21]

yup!
scene releases are all about the sport of racing.
if your opponent wins by cheating or breaking the rules,
then the winner forfeits the win and the race starts over.

using outdated codecs (30+ days after revision) is a technical flaw, a rule violoation.
a pretty minor violation, one that some scene groups/members would probably let slide...
but a rule break none the less, and someone within the scene must have called it out.

reminder, eztv does not communicate with "the scene".
eztv is a torrent distribution group.
eztv does not cap shows.

ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]