Please login to reply
[#195518] Written by: crixis [18/02/2013, 21:26]
brilliant.
[#195524] Written by: Ferozban [18/02/2013, 23:21]
amazing
[#195535] Written by: mikey-bizzle-2010 [19/02/2013, 03:09]
quality
[#195567] Written by: Mobywatcher [19/02/2013, 18:51]
only for the mind forked, i watched the original ep 1 and this was about blackmailing a pm to have
sex with a pig, i caught this live last night and i have to say this and things like it are turning
people dark, i got the story in the end as it's not until the end that it all comes clear, but it is
again part of sick society that this sort of thing could get penned anyway,

while some lap it up i myself find it a disturbing vision of how robotic and bought ppl are
becoming, ok it looks like an alternative way to punish bad people the way the story goes but
underlying is a theme of zombie justice where if you are found guilty they will terrorise your mind
as a way of punishing you, it's all very 1984 and not nice viewing as life has no need to be like
this at all,

i get the message and the theme of the series but in all honestly it's a another progression of man
falling apart,

i can give you an example of how todays fiction becomes tomorrows reality, back to the future 2,
when marty returns and finds his home is now a slag estate and corruption rules, when that film was
made it looked like a horror story, now today those trash estates are reality, next one highlander
2, a protective shield is made to protect man, eventually the shield is no longer needed but those
making money from it don't want people to know, you do realise aids is purely a durex thing to sell
rubber don't you.
[#195568] Written by: wynn [19/02/2013, 19:06]
Quote by mobywatcher
only for the mind forked, i watched the original ep 1 and this was about
blackmailing a pm to have
sex with a pig, i caught this live last night and i have to say this and things like it are turning
people dark, i got the story in the end as it's not until the end that it all comes clear, but it is
again part of sick society that this sort of thing could get penned anyway,

while some lap it up i myself find it a disturbing vision of how robotic and bought ppl are
becoming, ok it looks like an alternative way to punish bad people the way the story goes but
underlying is a theme of zombie justice where if you are found guilty they will terrorise your mind
as a way of punishing you, it's all very 1984 and not nice viewing as life has no need to be like
this at all,

i get the message and the theme of the series but in all honestly it's a another progression of man
falling apart,

can recommend watching the other episodes, they're entirely different and i myself found them better
than this and the very first one.

actually found this one to be quite disturbing and not as well thought out and inspiring as the rest.
seemingly they had some great ideas for the first three episodes, or the first "season", and dropped a
level or so in this second season, as the idea for both last weeks episode and this one seemed a bit
lacking.

still good stuff though, and still looking very much forward to the last episode. hope it's more deserving
than this last episode though
[#195580] Written by: Ferozban [20/02/2013, 00:01]
Quote by mobywatcher
i caught this live last night and i have to say this and things like it are turning
people dark

the media we watch is simply a reflection and fullfilment of our desires and dreams. we are allready
that dark and fucked up. the series is not making us more screwed up than our society allready
made us. its a product of fucked up people for fucked up people showing our deranged societies
mental carnage.

look at it this way: we are all working drones of capitalist system that abuses people and gives a
shit about the majority of it. we have powerless politicians and everything we can hope for is that
we get through the day without going insane.
disturbing shit like black mirror is just an absurd and cruel depiction of a darker and yet only
slightly exaggerated and adjusted possibility of that reality and the fucked up people and their
desires within it.
i cant emphatize enough how much i like to get shocked by this stuff. better to bluntly show how
sick it all is than to need to pretent that everything is nice and cosy.

[#195595] Written by: Zirdante [20/02/2013, 05:15]
what i loved about last weeks episode, was showing how far someone can go to delude themselves of
reality.

from this weeks episode, i didnt see that ending coming. though the only thing that made me break
the suspension of disbelief, was that the mobile phones would run out of juice really quick with
having record on all the time.

about the first season, the first episode and this seasons first episode share quite a lot in
common; robotics + clinging to the past.

the first seasons second episode was a grand mindfuck for me, was totally blown away.
[#195600] Written by: mikey-bizzle-2010 [20/02/2013, 05:46]
Quote by zirdante
what i loved about last weeks episode, was showing how far someone can go to
delude themselves of
reality.

from this weeks episode, i didnt see that ending coming. though the only thing that made me break
the suspension of disbelief, was that the mobile phones would run out of juice really quick with
having record on all the time.

about the first season, the first episode and this seasons first episode share quite a lot in
common; robotics + clinging to the past.

the first seasons second episode was a grand mindfuck for me, was totally blown away.

i personally wasn't keen on the 2nd episode of season 1 it was alright though. i think my favorite is
season 1 ep 1 tbf but they are all pretty good
[#195614] Written by: Mobywatcher [20/02/2013, 13:52]
Quote by ferozban
Quote by mobywatcher
i caught this live last night and i have to say this and things
like it are turning
people dark

the media we watch is simply a reflection and fullfilment of our desires and dreams. we are allready
that dark and fucked up. the series is not making us more screwed up than our society allready
made us. its a product of fucked up people for fucked up people showing our deranged societies
mental carnage.

look at it this way: we are all working drones of capitalist system that abuses people and gives a
shit about the majority of it. we have powerless politicians and everything we can hope for is that
we get through the day without going insane.
disturbing shit like black mirror is just an absurd and cruel depiction of a darker and yet only
slightly exaggerated and adjusted possibility of that reality and the fucked up people and their
desires within it.
i cant emphatize enough how much i like to get shocked by this stuff. better to bluntly show how
sick it all is than to need to pretent that everything is nice and cosy.

can't argue with that, a dam good summary there mate.

ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]