Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#196937] Written by: BoonesFerry [18/03/2013, 23:28]

show information page:
http://eztv.it/shows/799/bates-motel/
show description, air dates, show resources, and torrent links.
updated: march 16, 2013

[#196940] Written by: bratandy [19/03/2013, 01:14]
not holding much hope for this but i'll give it a go thanx
[#196945] Written by: gamerfreak [19/03/2013, 03:38]
was looking forward to this. how disappointed am i.

what a load of codswallop. aimed at the teenagers. what comes to mind is enterprise to st
original series. you can not tell the norman bates story with people walking round with mobile
phones and 2012/13 cars and more.
pathetic.
[#196949] Written by: lizandemma [19/03/2013, 07:13]
kate winslet is in this? is that a typo? why would a first class actor like winslet show up in a feeble
show like this.
[#196950] Written by: BoonesFerry [19/03/2013, 07:39]

Quote by lizandemma
kate winslet is in this? is that a typo?

thank you, lizandemma, you are correct... it appears to have been a typo.
back in february when i setup our bates motel show information page, she was
listed on the bates motel wikipedia page as "kate winslet...as jenny slymore".
her name no longer appears on the bates motel wikipedia page. i've removed her
name from our show information page http://eztv.it/shows/799/bates-motel/
and the tv-new article http://eztv.it/tvnews/5979/bates-motel-premieres-mar-18-2013/

[#196957] Written by: xman100 [19/03/2013, 09:50]
i really don't know what show gamerfreak saw it couldn't be this one because this pilot was amazing
one of the best i have seen in a longtime for any show. fantastic and its creepy this is a true
horror show
[#196960] Written by: Fatesender [19/03/2013, 13:17]
that's because he obviously didn't watch it. that was anything but a show aimed at teens.
[#196968] Written by: decanos78 [19/03/2013, 16:01]
show aimed at teens? okay then. im hooked, after watching this it had me thinking
one of 2 posabilities..

this could be a prequal to the remake of the psycho film that was made in 1998 and
not the one by alfred hitchcock in 1960, but they are trying to say the 1998 film was
based in 2013, which would give norman bates a more realistic age sense and the phone
itself would make sense for the time but then again did they have phones like that in
1998? i cant remember.. lol

another posability...

this is a prequal to another season of bates motel they are planning to show where norman's
grown up, like a 10/15 years later thing for say season 2 or 3 if the show does that well, so
realistically they would do a t.v. version of the film in another season, if you get my drift,
unless they are planning another hollywood psycho film that's more modern day and much
better than the 1998 film, cos that crash & burned for rating at the boxoffice, and sucked so
bad.

i'm definatly going to be watching this show til its end.
[#196981] Written by: rfunk [19/03/2013, 20:13]
i'm in the yea column for this show. yes, it was not what i was expecting b/c of the time period. i too
thought that it would be a prequel to the original psycho, but the change to modernize didn't make me not
like it. i think they got the subtle creep factor of norman right with their choice of actor to play him. i'm
interested in seeing how they develop the mother-son relationship in future episodes. i think this is what
horror should be...subtle building through tension and making the audience uncomfortable and unsure of
what will happen next. norman is a teenager in this show, so you should expect some teen driven story
lines. i don't think that makes it a show just for teens.
[#196992] Written by: xxThomasxx [20/03/2013, 02:25]
i am trying very hard to like this program.
i have only watched 15 minutes of it thou and have a number of problems with it.

i know it seems like small things but to have two inconsistancys with time happen in first 15 minutes
speaks volumes of what is to come in my opinion.

but trying to very hard to like this program.

the program really turns around after about 20mins or so. really worth watching in my opinion,
looking forward to the next episode.

SPOILER ALERT - (highlight to read)

the first is the cell phones and the modernized age. to me this is going to be to confusing to sustain if
the program is to succeed although i am sure they thought it would be less expensive to shoot.
the secound is the sign, they allegedly move in at night but the sign for the motel is changed before
the next day. reads "mayfair motel" in neon when they move in and his mom is sitting on the car and
he sees the place for the first time. then when the sign is lit up for first time says bates motel in neon
for first time. before he even has luggage off roof of car. which i confess i would have missed had
not the girl sitting on his lap in convertable asked him when he moved in and he said last night.....i am
intrigued by the older brother calling. is this perhaps norman calling?

[#196993] Written by: BoonesFerry [20/03/2013, 02:37]

reminder, going forth, no spoilers.

in the future, when discussing key elements or details of the show please use spoiler tags.
text that is entered between two spoiler tags is not visible...until it is highlighted (selected).
for future reference, please copy and paste (or type) the following text into your message:
[spoiler] replace this text with your spoiler message. [/spoiler]

[#196995] Written by: xxThomasxx [20/03/2013, 03:12]
thank you, did not realize i was spoiling. have edited so that future readers do not read spoilers if
they do not want to.
[#197111] Written by: gamerfreak [22/03/2013, 17:38]
xxthomasxx - that is the opening cedits the change in neon sign
[#197213] Written by: bsmkchan [24/03/2013, 20:16]
just saw the first episode and loving it already. i did not know it was a prequel to psycho until mid way
through. but by then i am hooked . i want to know this show is going to show us how norman bates will
become who he is when he grows up.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]