TV Packs only

Z Nation S01E01 HDTV x264-KILLERS

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#217452] Written by: decanos78 [13/09/2014, 22:24]
i have to be honest here, this show.. has me asking myself..

how the fuck can pretty well know actors seem like they've just come out of kindergarten
acting school and act this bad?

visually the shows great! .. lots of blood, zombies, limbs, locations seem to fit the story,
but the downside... if only they had the acting superiority of the series "the walking dead"
in the show, the acting sucks more than "debbie doing dallas". the script really could have
done with not so much cheesy dialogue that makes you think you've been thrown back in time
and your watching an 80's arnold schwarznegger movie that has all his cheesy one-liners in it.

as the shows new... i will give it a chance for a few more weeks but to be honest, if the acting
don't get better than what it is at the moment then this show is heading straight for a bullet to the
brain, (or a nailed bat), no denying that.. i had big hopes for this show but yet again "syfy" shows
what it is great for, developing crap acted potentially great shows that gets cancelled prematurely.

why the hell "dj qualls" and "harold perrineau" agreed to do this show is beyond me, even if their
parts in the show are small.. i would have told the casting producers to fuck right off! excuse my
language there.
[#217454] Written by: Dramonicous [13/09/2014, 23:58]
didnt bother with this show...

i love everything zombie but that named popped up several red flags for me.
its mostly cuz of all the crappy zombie games we have been getting lately.
[#217460] Written by: ockraz [14/09/2014, 04:26]
Quote by decanos78
"debbie doing dallas"
that's actually: debbie _does_ dallas
i agree the acting is pretty bad, but the real problem is the script. if you start with awful
material, then even terrific performances (which these aren't) can't save a show.
Quote by decanos78

visually the shows great! .. lots of blood, zombies, limbs, locations seem to fit the
story,
really? zombies aren't complicated. they don't take much skill, but there's a cgi
character
SPOILER ALERT - (highlight to read)
the inexplicably lightning quick zombie baby
that looks awful, and a
makeup effect which just makes no sense at all.
the vaccinated guy's scars: you could have
a seeping wound that didn't heal or one where scar tissue closed over bone that had been exposed
when the flesh was torn away, but not a healed wound that's left a bone exposed. the guy looks like
he's got a piece of gray mcrib sandwich on his chest.
that's not the only thing that seems
to be an attempt at a cool/gruesome visual that's just ridiculous. there's also the guy who when he
turns a zombie
shakes his head so violently that he rips his jaw halfway off of his head.
the only way that could happen is if his bones had the density of paper mache and his skin was
tissue paper - which would make him a pi
[#217461] Written by: bguy [14/09/2014, 04:36]
i was hoping from the previews it would be like a mix of the walking dead and death valley. but
from the sounds of it, it will fail being like either. i'll still give it a try.
[#217462] Written by: ockraz [14/09/2014, 04:54]
Quote by bguy
i was hoping from the previews it would be like a mix of the walking dead and death
valley. but from the sounds of it, it will fail being like either. i'll still give it a
try.
with different writers it could become death valley: the road trip. the cast has
done decent work on some pretty good comedies.

qualls- new guy, memphis beat
scott- van wilder, will & grace, grace under fire

i don't buy qualls as a soldier or scott as an action hero unless it's played for laughs.
[#217463] Written by: ikarys [14/09/2014, 05:12]
this show is bad!

they are trying to conserve ammo... wait and see how they deal with what should be the easiest zombie to kill ever!! it's a
good 100 unneeded shots! also - when do zombies play hide and seek.

this show is fail.

casting fail, acting fail.

the zombie fights are ok - that's all it has going for it.
[#217464] Written by: ockraz [14/09/2014, 05:25]
Quote by ikarys
also - when do zombies play hide and seek.
ordinary people who get zombified
are mindless and uncoordinated, but
zombie babies
become swift and cunning
jungle hunters - like a panther.
it's just common sense :d
[#217465] Written by: potatoeater [14/09/2014, 06:04]
what a shocker... a standard shytfy show.
[#217466] Written by: Umbral [14/09/2014, 06:11]
even by sighphi's incredibly low standards this show is just plain terrible - worse than any other
scripted show on the channel. but it's still better than all the reality/competition shows on this
or any other channel.
[#217467] Written by: bguy [14/09/2014, 07:02]
having watched it, it looks like a syfi movie, but without an ending. if it were only funnier, i
could handle the poor production value. it seems they are more interested in pure shock value, and
minimal humor or quality. then at the end the preview apparently has all the funny bits from next
weeks show.
[#217469] Written by: [14/09/2014, 10:06]
you all are much better than me when it comes to giving a new series a chance. i, on the other hand can't
even get past the name. "z nation" that sounds like a bad show and i know nothing about it other than
what you all have said.
[#217479] Written by: Movie Critic [14/09/2014, 15:56]
strikingly unoriginal (one of the characters in twd's last season is also an army guy with a very similar
story), badly written railroading plot, corny dialogue and really bad use of the actor talent they recruited.

even the one right decision they had of making the zombies faster doesn't save this show.
cinematorgraphy and sfx were ok but not enough to call them a redeeming quality.
the only solution is to fire the writing staff , hire a new director and start over.

i love zombie stuff but overall its one of the worst pilots i've seen and i had to shut it down in the middle.
an insult to the genre.
[#217481] Written by: xram [14/09/2014, 16:58]
good shows get canceled to open time spots for shows like this one, awful!
[#217483] Written by: Spitt [14/09/2014, 17:53]
i got 12 mins in before i closed this one down. i cannot see going my normal 3 eps in to see if i
like a show, this one is really bad. take some c lister actors and throw them in with a director who
takes the first take, add in a lousy script, and ya got yourself some syfy schlock.

i understand why syfy is trying to get into the genre, after all, the walking dead is #1 in it's time
slot for 21-49 y.o. guys (and they are doing a walking dead spinoff), but this is really sour.

on the note of what a zombie can and cannot do, there have been some rather interesting takes on
zombies recently. in "in the flesh" https://eztv.it/shows/808/in-the-flesh/ out of the uk and you
do get the possibility for intelligence, though admittedly, it's after they are "cured". there have
been other takes on them as well over the years, which stray a bit from the standard - however
they should at least start out slow in their changes, or make them minor.

but then what can we expect from this crappy production company?
[#217498] Written by: spojax [15/09/2014, 01:30]
low budget actors, writing, location and $100.00 a day zombies. one season no more.