TV Packs only

CONSTANTINE Enters Television Limbo as Production Halts

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » TV-News » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#219625] Written by: thebishop74 [25/11/2014, 03:41]
i like the show, it's rough around the edges, but a lot worse has been picked up lately, it's a bit
darker in concept, although us shows where the lead english man speaks without a us accent, are
usually doomed from the start...
[#219632] Written by: gigaherz [25/11/2014, 09:30]
sad. it was one of the best new shows of the season, right behind the flash and gotham.
[#219638] Written by: Dramonicous [25/11/2014, 10:17]
i cant get over his voice, since he talks exactly the same way as he did in ac black flag
[#219642] Written by: decanos78 [25/11/2014, 11:28]
agreed with poster above, from the very first episode.. i was like.. wtf is up with his accent >.<
that just ruined the whole show for me, tho i still cringe and watch each episode.. i knew this was
going to happen... trust me, they will need an act of god to get a second season.. lol!
[#219650] Written by: gamerfreak [25/11/2014, 15:44]
brilliant show. just because it does not get as high a rating as grimm it gets canned. personally
this is better than grimm.
[#219655] Written by: Athlonite [25/11/2014, 21:09]
damn right it's good and i was just getting into it too
[#219660] Written by: JeanLucPicard [26/11/2014, 01:23]
i can honestly see this show as a candidate for a pickup by netflix ...

it's sad that networks these days won't allow promising new shows to "get the lay of the land" ...
it used to be different. with today's network policies, most great shows of the last decades would
not have survived because all of them had some weaker seasons along the way.

[#219679] Written by: decanos78 [26/11/2014, 13:28]
guys its not been canned, (well not yet).. its just in a state of "freeze".. whilst the network
decides what to do with the show. clearly the networks losing a lot of viewers with the drop
from grimm into this show.. just under 2mil viewers not going into constantine from grimm is
quite a significant drop. i cant understand why though they dont try it a new way and put the
show on before grimm.. instead of after.. lol.. i for one will switch a channel over early to watch
a show so i atleast catch the last 10/15mins of what ever shows on before what i want to watch..
buuuuuut! i still say the views are lost cos of that guys acting, he's practically all.. "look at me,
im a scrawny, skinny, black magic using idiot that has a god complex.. with a really bad jason
stathom english accent". this show would have been a lot better if they replaced that accent.
and yes! before anyone asks.. i am from the u.k. ... and i am taking the piss out of that sound
that is coming from his mouth.. but i still watch the show... i cant help it.. lol! i just like
anything to do with hell, demons, angels, ghosts.. supernatural stuff in general.
[#219693] Written by: thebishop74 [27/11/2014, 04:11]

i love how guys rag on someone from england who speaks with their natural accent in a show, and you
find it shit, hence my original comment the show was doomed when he spoke with anything but a us
accent...

us shows now are filled with uk actors speaking with us accents, they do well, sound like your born
in england, it's doomed, unless of course your a texan speaking with an english accent, then
aparently it's ok, even if it is about as white bread a dumb english accent you can possibly speak
with...
[#219753] Written by: solitaire [30/11/2014, 17:02]
not surprised this is on a freeze.
thought the 1st pilot was good, the re-cut first episode lacked something even though it was only a
few changes.
rest of the episodes have ranged from good to passable (in my opinion.)

p.s.
matt ryan is welsh not english so that's why his accent is a bit off.. ^_~
[#484525] Written by: fr33zy [03/05/2016, 16:05]
Was a good show, like how they incorporated him in the Arrow, seemed fitting for the episode.
[#484555] Written by: notmyreal [12/05/2016, 14:59]
Seriously? John Constantine has an English accent omg?

CONSTANTINE IS AN ENGLISHMAN. That's a pretty key point RIGHT THERE in the Hellblazer graphic
novels. which predate the film and this series by quite a margin.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]