Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#179490] Written by: Coco [10/03/2012, 01:49]
Quote by dsiminiuk
my modded xbox (xbmc as a media player only) won't play mp4 so i guess i'm
screwed and soon enough from everywhere it seems so the modded xbox will go in the trash.

unless you're using an extremely outdated version of xbmc it plays mp4 files just fine. if you really
can't do it you're years out of date and just need to update your copy of xbmc. nightly builds are still
posted for the original xbox just google it and update the thing, it's free and takes a few minutes. the
original xbox plays mp4 files even better than the 360 does if you update xbmc.
[#179500] Written by: BoonesFerry [10/03/2012, 04:01]

@ kassyopeia -- i appreciate your posts and enjoy reading them. they are well thought out, logical,
and easy to follow.

a few additional thoughts/comments...

just because something is listed on orlydb does not automatically make it an official scene release.
have you seen some of the crap on orlydb? there's plenty of crap on orlydb that does not meet the
rigrid scene rules...and not just the nuked stuff. ok, maybe "plenty" was too strong of a word, but it is
there.

i did notice, before my last post, that the new rules are titled:
"the sd x264 tv releasing standards 2012"
and further down... "this document will cover the rules and guidelines for only sd resolution x264
television rips."

i realize they did not say "sd" period! one would think if they meant it to replace all previous sd rules
that they would have said so...or would they? i did a little guess work and made my own assumptions
based on reading the new rules and what i've read elsewhere. i personally believe the new sd rules
are meant to replace the previous sd rules, wich was written for xvid and probably replaced whatever
was in use before it...i dunno, that's before my time as a tv show downloader.

of course i could be totally wrong, i'm not the authority in such matters.
that is where "my understanding...my two cents." comes into play ;-) and sometimes i'm a penny
short. lol.

[#179655] Written by: dsiminiuk [12/03/2012, 09:33]
the xbmc i had was the t3ch 8.10 build but t3ch has been gone for a while now. after a few hours of
trying to automate the conversion from mp4 to avi (which i managed) with ffmpeg (audio sync was an
issue) i found more recent builds of xbmc and the dvdplayer (internal player) does cope with mp4 just
fine. sometimes change is forced upon you whether you want it or not.

sorry for my rant, i'll be ok.

in case anyone is interested http://www.xbmcsvn.com/
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]